-
I'm not useing a search engine to check any of them out...but I would say with tuna & beans, maybe an Italian or Spanish dish ??
other than that stuck..
So your not a gastronaut then Flakski ???
Bonus points for knowing which chef uses the term gastronaut.
-
Since Bran got the country of origin I think it's her turn.
It's a salad Nicoise (there's supposed to be the little french squiggle thingie under the 'c' but I don't know how to put it there), Julia Child's favorite.
-
Yay! I got one (sorta). [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Here's my clue.
A type of seafood cooked in very hot water with various seasonings. Best served with newt potatos and ears of corn over a newspaper covered picnic table. Available year-round but most abundant April-May, October-November.
And stingger: I've no idea. can ya tell I don't watch many chefs?
-
was going to say some form of gumbo, or clam chowdor. But served with corn & new potatoes on a table..no plates...I'm confused..and you say my local dishes are hard to guess lol.
I say "Flakeski surprise" ... surprise is no plates [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
Sounds like a crab boil to me. Although I don't know, do they put corn in crawfish boils?
-
It is a crawfish boil (yep, most people put ears of corn and potatoes-and sometimes garlic-in the pot). My uncle is having one on Good Friday that I'm looking forward to. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
So, Tery gets that one.
*tries to imagine eating gumbo without a plate*
Messy!
-
A crawfish boil sounds sooo good. Tell us all about it afters so I can short out my keyboard w/drool.
Hmmm, my turn. Ok, I am taro root, boiled 'til soft, then mashed to a paste. I'm traditionally eaten w/fingers, but mainlanders often use me as a dip. Mahalo.
-
This one too hard, or has everyone just lost interest?
-
Too hard [img]wink.gif[/img] is it a U.S. dish? never boil anything here and eat it with our fingers.
-
Is it Poi?
(sorry, been away from the boards)